It’s been awhile since I did a scrapbook layout process video for you guys so I thought I’d share my most recent layout with you all. It’s a photo from way back when… in well 2005 – I say 2006 in the video and that’s even what I write on the layout, but after speaking with my husband, we determined it was actually in 2005… oops!
It’s not my favorite photo of us, but it does tell a story. We (Ernest, I, and our kids) have an annual tradition to go on vacation for a week in July every year. It started with this trip – a trip with Ernest’s family to Orlando in 2005 (before we were even engaged). Thus… Vacation Tradition is the title of this layout.
Here are some closer photos of the completed layout…. (the video will be posted at the end of this blog post – just scroll down if you want to start there)
I chose mostly navy blue, grey, lime green, and pops of white for this layout – a combination I hadn’t yet used. Now that the layout is complete I can say that I do like how the colors look together. The brightness of the green is offset by the darkness of the navy, then complemented by the softness of the grey – none of the colors compete with each other, which makes them work well together on one layout.
The supplies I used are…
- Limeade (American Crafts)
- Ash (American Crafts)
- Stormy Dark (Bazzill) – the base of the layout
- Whisper (October Afternoon)
- As Seen on TV (Studio Calico)
- Archive (We R Memory Keepers)
- Snapshots ‘Borders’ (Bella Blvd)
- Listed (We R Memory Keepers)
- Other embellishments:
- washi tape (Freckled Fawn)
- White DIY enamel dots
- Kraft tag 2×4.25″ (Recollections)
- Label die cuts (Life Love Paper)
- Digits circle chipboard (Studio Calico)
- Puffy heart stickers (Twine & Ink)
- Vellum alpha stickers (Studio Calico)
- Ink & Stamps:
- Versamark Watermark stamp pad
- Technique Tuesday – Family Circle by Ali Edwards
- Zig Writer – Pure Black
- Zing! embossing powder – Opaque White (American Crafts)
I hope you all enjoyed!!