I had a video for this layout but the I had the light setting wrong so my video turned out blue – haha, not as nice to watch. So I’m just going to share the end result. :)
Here are a few pictures of the layout…
This layout is the second installment to my Ice Cream series. Today’s ice cream of inspiration is Stewarts’ Firework ice cream (www.stewartsshops.com) – vanilla ice cream with cherry swirl and blue poprocks. So I made my color scheme cream tones with red and blue pops of color. The photos fit this palette perfectly because there is so much blue in the tunnel fabric.
My process basically started with my photos – this set of 5 photos was a challenge to work with. It’s not an even number of photos so lining them up was odd, so I staggered them with them overlapping to allow for room to embellish. The photos are all similar – he was just crawling back and forth and back and forth through the tunnel for hours one day. Next I started trying different papers to layer, also adding a few different strips of things to the sides – a red striped sticker on one side, washi on the bottom, a tab sticker on one photo, a vellum envelope (with the hidden journaling inside under the center photo) and various patterned paper.
Then I worked on the other two clusters. One has wood veneer stars, red ribbon, a Chic Tags doily, stickers, and staples.
The other is based around one main tag that the title of the page is adhered to with 3 different styles of alpha stickers, white gel pen detailing, mini clothespins, a border cut from patterned paper from a 6×6 pad, and kraft stickers. Around this title cluster I’ve also added some Mister Huey’s droplets.
Lastly I added a few sequence, label stickers, and rub-ons around the photos and outlined the background paper.
I personally prefer to do videos but I royally screwed up this video so this will have to do!
- background – My Mind’s Eye – Miss Caroline Dilly Dally “Celebrate” Token paper
- other papers: MME Surf’s Up – Tropical Flowers paper, MME Lime Twist – Life of the Part Sweet Bon Bon paper, GCD Studios – Brown Mod Soul Food collection, Jillibean Soup – Macho Nacho Soup Bite Size Bits, and MME 6×6 Summer Splash pad
- Mister Huey’s color mist – Inky Black
- embellishments: mini clothespins, SEI ribbon, Target – kraft stickers (from the $1 section!), GCD Studios – Funhouse Popcorn journaling tags, Jo-Ann Craft Essentials – Family rub-on matchbook, Chic Tags – Spring Doilies, Echo Park Paper Co. – Photo Freedom Vol. 1, Fancy Pants – Down by the Shore label stickers, We R Memory Keepers – 2×4 journal cards, Target – washi tape, Studio Calico – wood veneers, and Fancy Pants – Label Stickers #1899 and #1870
- ink: Tim Holtz – Distress Ink Pumice Stone
- Zig Writer – Pure Black 0.5 mm
- Gelly Roll – white
- alphas: Jillibean Soup – Newberg Navy Alphabeans and Roasted Red Alphabeans, and Doodlebug Design Inc. – Teensy Type Lily White
And that’s it folks! Please let me know if you have any questions about my layout or my process. Hopefully I’ll have an actual video for you soon – truly that is what I prefer to do because that is also what I prefer to watch (versus read). Thanks for hanging in there with me!